Job Title: Graduate / Acoustic & Vibration Engineer (Analysis)
Dyson began fourteen years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Tokyo, Western Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, its also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available.
There are over 1,200 of us in the UK and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes). We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
This is what we need you to do...
Overview – department:
• Provide, co-ordinate and support Noise and Vibration across RDD and the Dyson world.
• Drive designs forward based on sound engineering knowledge and ensure correct decisions are taken at all stages of the design process with regards to noise and vibration
• Mentor Design Engineers in best practice in terms of noise and vibration implementation in our extensive range of floor care and new products.
• Focus on technology delivery to enable our next generation of products.
• Work on the acoustic performance of our class leading products from the concept to post production stage.
• Analyze test results, summarize and communicate to other members of RDD including senior managers and directors.
• Liaise with development teams to ensure an effective transfer of technology into our product range across the Dyson world.
• Identify potential new research areas that would benefit from Noise and Vibration Technology development.
• Solving day to day challenging engineering problems and communicate solutions throughout the team and RDD.
This is what we need you to have...
• A first degree in Mechanical Engineering/Noise and Vibration or Acoustics or equivalent.
• Experience in an analytical based company, consultancy or research.
• Master/PhD in Mechanical, Aeronautical, Noise, Vibration or Electro-mechanical Engineering.
• Ability to support multiple development projects and good in project handling skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication English.
• Proactive and self-starter when it comes to troubleshooting and problem solving
• Understanding mechanical drawings and performance parameters.
• Hands on experience on prototype preparation for testing
• A highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of your work.
• The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative.
• A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
• A proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
• Persistent nature demonstrated by an inquisitive approach.
• Understanding of fundamental of flow induced vibration and acoustic as well as experimentation technique.
• Experience in mechanical signature analysis is preferred. Able to apply FFT, wavelet or Hilbert transform in analysis.
• Experience of Noise of Vibration measurement hardware and software for data acquisition. B&K Pulse, MATLAB and LabView preferred but not essential.
• Understanding of statistical techniques/Six Sigma tool and ability to interpret performance testing data.
In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined in the person specification, plus details of your current and required package.
Further information about Dyson is available at our website www.careers.dyson.com