Job Title: Robotics System Engineer
Country: United Kingdom
Department: Research, Design & Development
Join a growing team working to put useful robotic systems into the hands and homes of the general public. We are looking for people to help us create robust solutions to diverse real-world problems in artificial-intelligence, navigation, sensing and planning algorithms. The role involves the development of sub-systems and complete robotics products for Dyson’s worldwide market. Successful candidates will be working in a supportive environment within a team of experts that is constantly aiming to improve itself and the world of robotics.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different.
This is what we need you to do...
• Create novel solutions to current and future real world challenges in consumer robotics.
• Implement and test existing technologies for mobile robotics.
• Design & implement software in Matlab, C++, Python.
• Test and evaluate data, algorithms and systems.
• Produce accurate documentation.
• Communicate ideas, results, and problems effectively within the team.
This is what we need you to have...
• PhD or degree qualification with industrial experience relevant to the application of robotics.
• Practical experience in robotics, embedded hardware or similar area.
• Strong C++ skills.
• Strong mathematical skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience
• Design, trade-off and testing of systems.
• Understanding of robust design methods.
• Integration, acceptance, and delivery of algorithms.
• Navigation and localisation systems (e.g. Kalman filters, SLAM).
• Computer vision (e.g. Feature descriptors, OpenCV).
• Planning and control of mobile platforms (e.g. A*, RRT).
• Perception and mapping for mobile platforms (e.g. Occupancy Grid, Environment Modelling).
• Solutions orientated.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Display drive and enthusiasm.
• A demonstrable interest in robotics / autonomous systems.
In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined in the person specification, plus details of your current and required package.
Further information about Dyson is available at our website www.careers.dyson.com